Olde English Bulldogge Puppy Supplement Recipe
Supplementing momma bulldog milk benefits the puppies and relieves stress for your bitch. Canned puppy formula is very expensive. Having a handy puppy formula recipe is economical, convenient and practical. It allows you to comfortably feed as much as the bulldogge puppies need to thrive without breaking the bank.
We supplement all of our OEB puppies not only for the nutritional benefit, but also because bottle feeding starts our interaction and hand socialization with each puppy immediately. Whelping puppies is hard on the mother and she cannot really relax until her puppies are warm, comfortable and well fed. In addition, bottle feeding baby bulldogges strengthens our partnership with our mothers through compassion and trust. It's true it is more work, but the joyful gratification is worth every second. Bottle feeding puppies is just plain fun!
Puppy Supplement Recipe
- 10 oz - whole goat's milk (goat's milk is commercially available by the quart in the dairy section of most major grocery stores and Wal Mart)
- 10oz - canned evaporated milk - not canned sweetened condensed milk - evaporated milk such as Pet or Carnation (add 3oz of sterilized water if using canned evaporated milk instead of goat's milk)
- 1 cup whole plain yogurt ( avoid low fat, fat free or skim)
- 1 raw egg yoke
- 3/4 teaspoon Karo or corn syrup (do not use honey)
- 1 dropper FULL - Enfamil Poly-Vi-Sol multivitamin supplement drops (found in the vitamin section not the baby section)
Blend all ingredients together with a wire whisk or in a blender. Do not over blend which creates too many air bubbles and upsets puppy tummies.
Formula lasts about a week refrigerated.
Warm the puppy formula to body temperature with only hot water from the tap before feeding puppies.
Feed puppies 1 cc for each 1oz of bulldog body weight
* NOTE: NEVER give cow's milk to puppies - it causes scowers
Gabriela, Levi & MaxxMarch 30, 2014, 8:32 pm
Dear Dave and Bobbye! You have beautiful puppies!!! Audrey is a doll. Our Maxx is gorgeous, happy and healthy! We are grateful you brought him into our lives. Best wishes to you and your family, and of course all the bulldogees. Love, Gabriela, Levi & Maxx